Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Snowdrops

I've discovered that I can, actually, achieve something with just a few minutes or an hour of work. Revolutionary idea, I know.

I used to think that I needed a whole day, or at least an evening, to make it worthwhile to turn on the sewing machine and get out the rotary cutter. Not so. Yes, I know many of you have already figured this out and I'm, once again, arriving late to the party.

This weekend, I started the Snowdrops mini quilt from a little kit my friend Kim gave me last Christmas. I was saving it (really...). When I put up my Snowman in the Woods quilt in the front foyer on Sunday, I knew it was time to make Snowdrops.



I was sewing on the very last button eye, when it broke. So that one little snowman has BIG button eyes. Cute!


It might be time to unpack all the snowmen and decorate for the season (winter, that is - in our house, Christmas decorations must wait until Advent begins).

And how funny that as soon as I want to decorate for winter, the temperature rises to above freezing and the snow begins to melt...

6 comments:

Pat said...

Your snowmen are very cute!

andsewon said...

Oh what big eyes you have Snow Drop!! Love your little quilt! We normally do not begin holiday decor till after our Thanksgiving here. This year it will be after new carpet comes! Which I hope is sooner than they said!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Too cute!! Jenn

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

CUTE!! Love the BIG eyes on that one.

Anonymous said...

The snowmen are just so cute... and the one with the big eyes just makes the whole thing.

Lynne said...

My family's tradition when I was a child was that when the school holidays came (mid December) all the windows, blinds and curtains had to be washed before the Christmas decorations could be put up. I now realise how cunning my mother was - she got the chores done without arguing! The Christmas tree was put up on Christmas Eve because it was a "live" tree and it's hot here (86*F - 100*F) at Christmas! We still stick fairly closely to these traditions after 34 years of marriage!